Monday, November 9, 2009

Ole the Norwegian trapper

Ole the Norwegian trapper took a trip to Fargo. While in a pub, an old Finlander on the next stool spoke to Ole in a friendly manner. "Look," he says, "let's have a little game. I'll ask you a riddle. If you can answer it, I'll buy YOU a beer. If you can't, then you buy ME one. Okay?" "Ja, dat sounds purty good," says Ole. So the Finlander says, "My father and mother had one child. It wasn't my brother. It wasn't my sister. Who was it?" Ole scratched his head and finally says, "I give up. Who vas it?" "It was ME," chortled the Finlander. So Ole paid for the beer.

Back home in Ely, Ole went to the pub and spotted one of his cronies, "Sven," he says, "I got a game. If you can answer a qvestion, I buy you a beer. If you can't, YOU have to buy ME vun. Fair enough?" "Fair enough," says Sven. "Okay . . my fadder and mudder had vun child. It vasn't my brudder. It vasn't my sister. Who vas it?" "Search me," says Sven. "Who vas it?" Says Ole with a burst of laughter, "It vas some old Finlander in Fargo!"

No comments:

Post a Comment